How do you ensure a sustainable and quality product, delivered in time? We asked this question to Van Hoorn Shoe Linings.
By listening to their customers and knowing what is going in the footwear market. To be a strong reliable supplier they need to know how to facilitate in the demands of people involved. A quick overview of the supply chain according to Van Hoorn;
Van Hoorn established in 1930 is the market leader of shoe lining in pig, goat and cow-leather lining around the world. Their goal is to be a reliable and an obvious source for shoe lining. The organisation is designed to deliver reliable products and shorten lead times by providing;
- High quality products according to the HexaChrome Anti-Aging technology
- Never out of stock systems
- Fast shipments within 24 hours
- Extensive experience
- Specialists with local stocked warehouses
Van Hoorn supplies a wide range of footwear linings from stock in various thicknesses, textures and colours;
- Pigskin full grain
- Pigsplit glazed/resin and velour
- Goatskins, natural and metallic colours
- Cow leather, natural and semi-finished
- Chrome and chrome-free tanned leather
Quality and the HexaChrome Anti-Aging Technology Label
Van Hoorn takes a lot of steps to make sure the right products, with the right quality are delivered at the right time.
What quality control measures are in place to measure and safeguard the products and services?
They created the HexaChrome Anti-Aging Technology label to help identify quality products. It sums up all the tests and procedures products go through to reach the industry but more importantly the Van Hoorn quality standards. http://www.pigskin-lining.com/quality_control
These are the steps included in the label to ensure sustainable and quality sourcing?
- A close cooperation with their suppliers to make sure the best techniques and additives are being used. This results in significantly more stable leather products.
- Besides standard chrome VI testing, Van Hoorn subjects the products to enhanced anti-aging testing to determine future oxidation from chromium III to chromium VI.
- Testing is being carried out by independent agencies like TÜV, SGS and Intertek according to DIN EN ISO standards which indicate if products are free of harmful substances.
- Testing takes place before shipping at the tanneries and at random arriving at the warehouse.
- All products have REACH compliance.
- By using a certified GER machine Van Hoorn is able to guarantee the right dimensions.
- Visual checks are being carried out on arrival and before shipment in order to make sure the colours and textures live up to quality demands set by Van Hoorn.
HexaChrome products have competitive prices and are exclusively available (on stock) at Van Hoorn.
Van Hoorn has local agents in many countries all over the world who have their own well-stocked warehouses, so they can provide fast and excellent service to all of their customers.
Have a look at their company profile here: Van Hoorn Shoe Linings